Planning Your Safari
The Strauss family wants you to find pleasure in planning for your safari in Namibia, discovering its distinctive beauty whilst sampling the renowned hospitality!
ETHICAL HUNTING: OUR PRIDE & PASSION
Hunts are conducted on uncompromising fair-chase principles. Our capable PHs will take you through the veil between modern shooter and African stalker, helping you become one with the land and the game you seek.
We suggest the following Hunter’s Clothing:
- Light green, cotton clothing in camouflage colours (not the typical khaki colour) is recommended for hunting, well-fitting boots, warm pyjamas and sweater/parkas for cool nights and mornings.
- Summer (Feb/March/April and Oct/Nov): T-shirt and/or short sleeve shirt with shorts at night would be comfortable.
- Only 3 sets of clothes is needed since Kowas provides a daily laundry service.
Note: Restrict camouflage clothing to only the hunting field to prevent advertising that you are a tourist.
What to bring along on the Hunting Trip:
- Flash light
- Sun protection lotion (We suggest an SPF of 30 to 50)
- Lip balm
- Batteries for camera
- Bow or rifle
- Bow or rifle accessories
- Camouflage clothes / face paint / mask
Hunters support – meet and greet service at Johannesburg airport:
If your travels take you via Johannesburg, South Africa, to Namibia, we recommend you consider making use of the meet and greet service, HUNTERS SUPPORT (Air 2000). They will assist you in clearing your rifles, arrange accommodation, recheck your rifle the following day, etc.